Sunday, January 25, 2009

Jake Ryan vs. Gilbert Blythe


I just discovered this t-shirt at www.80steeshirts.com among others that are must-haves! Who didn't have a crush on Jake Ryan or Tom Cruise (Top Gun) in the 80s? Tom is out of the running for me (was it his Matt Lauer interview or Oprah's?) But I also had the biggest crush on Gilbert from Anne of Green Gables movies. *sigh* I've just signed up for Facebook yesterday and looking over old classmates from high school as well as joined some of the fans of...clubs and that's when I ran across this shirt from Sixteen Candles. They have another one with the picture of them about to kiss over her birthday cake (my favorite scene that I used to rewind over and over) and is the same pictured elsewhere on this blog. Happy memories from some old chick flicks in my previous life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This made me think of my favorite perfume during that time... Love's Baby Soft! HA!! Thanks for the memory!