Saturday, July 26, 2008

I'm Back!


Back in the states and happy to be so!

My last post was 1) an indirect result of my search for the purpose of life and 2) I wanted my girls to know how I felt about them in case something happened to me on our trip abroad.

On our first day, Robert and I traveled to England on two different planes; his plane got hit by lightening and our hotel caught on fire and we were evacuated. So I actually had good reason to feel a little anxiety about leaving my girls so many miles away!

A week before we left, I actually woke Robert up in the middle of the night to tell him that I would NOT be doing this again: leaving the girls for so long and going so far away. We can do long weekends, but not this. Family vacations from here on out- well, until they start to protest!

We had a wonderful trip and packed in a lot of historical sights in a short amount of time. I will post some of my pics later. For now, I'm interested in knowing if there are any other people who as infatuated with WICKED as I am! Love it!

I love the Wizard of Oz...see Halloween post...and had read the book Wicked a couple of years ago, but the musical is fantastic! WOW! It explains why there was a Tin Man, Scarecrow, and Lion, among other things. The songs make the musical much more light-hearted than the book. Anyhow, I hope you all get a chance to see it (if you're in to that kind of thing!) It's great!


No comments: