Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Molly Ringwald


OK....so Molly Ringwald (favorite 80's actress, LOVE "Sixteen Candles" and this (above) has to be one of my favorite scenes (along with "Who, me?")- yes, I've watched it a million times and own it on VHS! Molly (BTW, we're on a first-name basis!) is now in a new TV series called "The Secret Life of an American Teenager" on ABC. She's NOT the teenager; in this teen drama, she's the MOM! So how do I feel about my old friend portraying a mom? Hmmmmmm...not so good.

Don't get me wrong:
1) I love being a mom.
2) I admire Molly Ringwald.
3) I'm happy for Molly that she's continuing her career.

So why am I unhappy?
Maybe because it just goes to show that I'm getting older....that's all.

I'll get over it. In the meantime, maybe I'll actually watch the show.


1 comment:

bryan said...

I like to think of it as Molly Ringwald getting older, but the rest of us from the "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" generation aren't. If this isn't the way it works, don't correct me. Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.