Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Robert's First (& Last?) Marathon!

Robert ran 26.2 miles! He was great! He made good time, but he would've done even better if he hadn't stopped for a beer along a the way!!!! (Yes, that's TRUE!) He had a big cheering section: Tony, Karen, Rodney, Bonnie, and me (of course!) Plus, Jack, Jennie, & Bruce who also ran the 10K earlier that day! In the pics below, Jack has on the yellow shirt and Jennie has the red T-shirt-Bruce is in there somewhere! As a group, we all went out to the midway point and cheered Robert on as he jogged by the lake. That was scenic! We're all so proud of him! HE DID IT! Now we need to head to Chicago to cheer on Bruce and Jennie!







3 comments:

~Lori said...

Way to go Robert! That's such an accomplishment. I love that he stopped for a beer along the way...true 7:11 style, I guess.

JH said...

I had fun as the "designated loud mouth cheerleader" (as Bruce designated. However, feel free to that hideous picture of me running down. Wow - how can some people look so good running, I have never mastered that look.

Anonymous said...

I want to know more about how Robert drank his beer running a marathon. Impressive!!! Makes me want to train for a marathon. Walt