

It's true that not everyone can appreciate Neebish Island, and yet for some it is paradise! For us, Neebish Island is a remote, rustic, woodsy place in northern Michigan. It's Mr. Heather's favorite place to be! He spent his summers growing up on that island and when he was 16, he made the 8 hour drive on his own to be there. Many folks go up to fish, but I swear the mosquitoes are the larger than any catch! What I love about the island is that you do get the "getting away from everything" mentality. I love to play cards with my mother-in-law, love to watch the huge freighters go by, and love to make campfires and s'mores. Plus, there's always "Happy Hour" up on Neebish...something we don't have in Ohio on a regular basis!



You probably don't realize what a sacrifice this picture symbolizes...Robert's parents are HUGE OSU fans....but in honor of Robert's upcoming graduation this Aug. they put these shirts on for a picture! This just goes to show how much their son means to them! There's a whole lotta love going on at this moment. (I won't mention the campfire we had later! JK!)

There are always lots of little odd jobs to do here on the island. Replacing the mailbox turned into a family affair! The girls love to help!

Zoe spends a lot of time up on this rock, singing and making up songs!
She let us join her for a picture!











3 comments:
Jack is devastated!
Go Blue!!!! I love the picture of the girls in their swimsuits!
You can always use those Michigan shirts for some other use later, like washing the car, polishing furniture, or not touching the dog poo that needs to be cleaned up in the backyard. I'm sure there are thousands of other uses also.
Post a Comment