Saturday, January 5, 2008

Happy New Year!



I thought I would start the year out with a handful of resolutions....one being, that I would begin to blog! So here I am! I have been inspired by fellow bloggers: Dianna, Bryan, McFarland, Jennie, Tony, & Lori (as they were introduced). What better way to start than at the beginning of the new year? Do you get a free T-shirt by joining? One that says something like "I don't care about your blog!"

So we began by ringing the New Year in with Robert's Switzerland Friends. I call them Robert's "Switzerland Friends" because for some reason I feel a need to classify our friends into categories. Don't ask me why I do this!!! I frequently talk about my "friends from high school" or "college friends" or my "friends at work". Does anybody else do this?

Jason, Josie & their girls (Lima natives, not Swiss) also joined us for the night of New Year's Festivities! Our girls thoroughly enjoyed their company, as always! :)

So I digress...back to the Swiss...we spent New Year's Eve Day on the slopes of Mad River Mountain which was really fun! The sun was out and the snow was almost perfect! Tony was a fantastic beginner! He only went down the Bunny Hill three times before we deemed him ready for the chair lift! I was impressed! Of course, we also got to witness Joe's Jumps on the slopes! I'll quote Jennie here and tell you they were "WICKED!" LOL!

We then spent the evening "Skyping Out" after newly forming the Rock-N-Roll Band, "The Skype Outs". Jennie and Bruce brought the entertainment! I'm not sure I could tell you how many hours were spent singing, dancing, and rocking to "It's it, what is it? It's it, what is it?" I now have some new favorite rock songs-Maps is the name of the one song I remember.

We slept eleven people (twelve if you count Annie and since she weighs 125 pounds, she deserves to be included!) under our little roof! I love slumber parties and only one person ended up on the couch! Not too bad! It's great to have a house full of people who truly enjoy each other's company! We loved having everyone here! Happy New Year! Life's a BEACH!

2 comments:

JH said...

Welcome to the blogging club - I will now add you to the daily list of blogs I check, no pressure or anything.

BTW Lima is the best place to celebrate New Year's.

bryan said...

Welcome to the blogosphere!