There was something magical about an island-the mere word suggested fantasy. You lost touch with the world-an island was a world of its own.
from And Then There Were None
OK, I took this quote completely out of context (since someone is always dying of unnatural causes), but it works here just the same! I just finished And Then There Were None this morning in the bathtub! It's the best place to read books! However, the bath water got extremely cold by the time I finished just "a few more pages"! Of course, I only read my own personal collection of books in the bathtub, so no scoldings from all those librarians out there! (The girls kept coming in and checking on me and threatening to throw things in the tub like books, cell phones, and gum.) I was fortunate enough to have nabbed a boxful of Agatha Christies' books this summer at a garage sale for $5 and recently began devouring them. This is probably my 10th or 15th book from the box. They are part of my bedtime routine-the only chance to be by myself and truly relax at the end of each day. You know what they say, don't you? A book lover never goes to bed alone!
(By the way, I'd highly recommend this read. Quite intriguing. I'm proud to say I figured out the who, but not the how. Very good book!)
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
This has nothing to do with Agatha Christie, but how did it take me until today to find your blog?
I suck. Possibly I was too busy working on a ridiculously long musical playlist?
Anyway, I read your entire blog, so now I'm all caught up...and I love your idea of blog t-shirts...I'm thinking we should make shirts that say "Skype-Out Groupie" on the front and "I don't care about your blog" on the back.
Of course, it will just be you and I that have them, so it will be even lamer.
I know, 'lamer' isn't a word.
Oh Heather! I completely feel your frustration over the ever growing toy mountain! We have the same problem and I attempted to do the same thing you are doing although I didn't have the luxury of doing it without the "helpful" hands of my lovely children! It seemed like everytime I would get a toy to the trash thinking they didn't see...Ty was right there behind me pulling it back out! I'm not sure what the answer is because I like you have spent countless hours not only picking out the "perfect" toys but then also standing looking at the mountain and wondering why I feel the need to buy them more! Let me know if you find the answer!
Post a Comment