Cleaning is NOT my thing! You might be thinking that's not unusual, but I'm hear to tell you that there are some very sick people out there who actually enjoy cleaning and organizing. I even know some of these people personally! They can't go out Saturday nights because that's when they have a weekly appointment with the vacuum cleaner and the area underneath the couch. Another friend, who will remain nameless to protect her identity, doesn't even have a junk drawer in the house! I know, it's scandalous!
When hubby isn't looking, I sneak in a load of laundry. I do clean the bathrooms when we're expecting company (including tubs & toilets). Cooking...well, that's something I can do, but not without totaling our kitchen in the process unless I grill out. In preparing me for marriage, my mother taught me how to make a pie from scratch. Believe it or not, this is something I can do it quite well. The irony is not lost on me when I tell you that it's not my fault I married the only man in Ohio who doesn't like pie! Dear hubby is one of those people who doesn't like sweets or (gasp!) chocolate! Coffee is his vice and he can't resist a Tim Horton's donut occasionally!
So that leaves me as the official person in our house who puts things away because if hubby puts things away they would all land in the same place: the trash! I think if he was in charge of our house it would look much like a hospital or jail. Think no knick-knacks, no photographs, and sterile walls.
So how do I contribute to the household? I bring home the bacon. It's not much bacon, but it's bacon. OK, so hubby brings in more bacon, but we take my insurance because mine is better. He works three jobs and I barely have enough time to work one! That's one of the things I'm trying to work on this year. Cutting back on the hours I put into work and balancing my life a little better between work and home. I'm the type of person that if I finish my to-do list, I don't call it a day, but start an entirely new project!
So I'd rather like to see myself as the Career Woman and Super Mom who lets her kids smear paint on the wall (because they're going to do it anyway!) instead of the mom who has a homemade dinner on the table every night. Hey, we do all eat together each day as a family, and it is homemade, but Daddy's just the one who makes it! He prefers it that way and so do I!
We just do what we can do! Come over and I'll make you a pie! Apple's my specialty!




No comments:
Post a Comment