




One of my best friends from high school, Susie, was home for the funeral of her grandfather. Her grandpa was a person who was always fun to be around! He was very sweet, caring, loving, and always had a hug for me! So it was bittersweet visit.
Since she has moved to Texas, I've only been able to see her twice and now it might be 3 years before I see her again. Thank goodness for cell phones and email! It's helps us stay connected and I get to see pictures of her adorable kids who are growing so fast! It's not quite the same, but it works!
We were able to get together for a spicy Mexican dinner with another old pal, Karen. Just the three of us for a girls' night out. We had lots to catch up on! I was starving for some adult conservation. Every now and then I just need that after being around kids at home and at work. It's nothing personal, but sometimes I just want to reconnect with myself, that inner woman, you know? Nights like these with old friends are so rare!
Yesterday, I hosted a play-date here and the girls enjoyed it immensely! Every single toy we owned was played with at some point with someone! The kids all played great together which gave all us gals the opportunity to catch up! I didn't even attempt to take a picture of all the kids together this time. Let's see...there were 10 altogether (counting the bun in the oven!) An award goes to Nancy who is due any day now and traveled out of town to see everyone! She made it home OK and is still waiting for the Big Day! I'm so glad Nancy, Sarah, Kathy, & Susie were able to come and hang out! Our conversations have changed since the good old days. Yesterday, we rehashed our birth stories, pros and cons of public education, and different ideas we can try to prep our children for kindergarten over pizza and chocolate chip cookies. Guess the food hasn't changed much! (Although we did have salad and no beer at this luncheon-that's different from our college days!) LOL!




No comments:
Post a Comment