Thursday, February 7, 2008

C25K


Somehow stumbled across Sasha's blog (Barely Keeping It Together) and have added her to my list of places to daily surf even though I don't even know her personally. Sasha is full of wit, humor, and is a working mother of two. I can relate, well, at least to the latter! I love reading her blog-my two favorites are the Nanny blog and Wild Child for Sale. If you have time, you'll have to check them out. She has also motivated me to run (again). Mr.Sasha has lost 60 pounds (not to mention like 20 years) - you'll have to go to her blog to see the before and after shots. It's amazing, really. It's the Couch to 5K Training. So I decided to start right at the beginning. Day 1, Week 1 has been successfully completed. Phase One: Mission Accomplished! Now I'm in Week 2. I've also posted for your viewing enjoyment my weight countdown. See top right. I don't need to lose much in the whole big scheme of things, but it's true that the last 10 pounds are the hardest. I've found a reasonable weight that I'd be happy with and I'm shooting for that. I've cut way back on carbs, but no longer follow any particular diet. Instead, I've opted to give up SUGAR. Of course, I have my set-backs and that's where the C25K plan picks up the slack for me. Wish me luck in this journey of being healthy and fit! (Plus I plan on rewarding myself with a new wardrobe and hair style with creative color! I miss having highlights!)

So watch out 7:11 Club!

No comments: