Monday, February 4, 2008

Now it's Monday....

Our long weekend has come to a close, here's a recap:

1) No School Friday - graded mountains of papers for approximately 4 hours, played with kids

2) Saw movie "PS I Love You" (see previous post)

3) Made Chocolate Chip Cookies

4) Cleaned out, straightened up, organized laundry room (wish I would've taken before and after pictures!)

5) Zoe & I went to Josie's Talent Show, pleasantly surprised to see daughter Jillian dancing with her - it was a very touching performance between mother and child dedicated to the Lord - absolutely beautiful, pure and graceful.

6) Cleared off what I call the Island, but Hubby likes to call it the Peninsula. This required about 15 minutes, but had a huge impact on the kitchen space. Uncluttered once again! Yeah!

7) Completed Week 1 of the "Couch to 5K" Plan! Hoping to drop 9 pounds although now it might be 10 (see item #3).

8) Photography Class Field Trip to Greenhouse - don't think I mentioned this before, but my dear mother persuaded me to take this class with her. Basically, we are trying to learn how to take pictures in manual mode instead of automatic. It's been interesting.

9) Superbowl Sunday...GREAT TIME to visit my friend Nancy in the hospital with her newborn who arrived 2-2-08 so they affectionately refer to her as the "Groundhog Baby", her older brother calls her "Bubbles", but I think I'm going to stick with her Christian name "Madeline" or "Maddy"! She's beautiful! She is already tanning (due to low bilirubin levels) so I couldn't hold her this time-she needs to stay under those lights. Don't worry, I'll be back!

10) Which brings us to today....no delays or cancellations (already checked-some schools have delays, it's so not fair!) The Health Dept. is scheduled to inspect our school building today. I wonder what they'll say about the asbestos dust that falls to the floor every time I pull down my overhead screen. Hmmmmmmm....back to reality! Have a good one!

No comments: